I’m sure you’ve heard of eating clean for better health – What I don’t get, and maybe you don’t either, is what all the fuss is about.
People make too many assumptions and a big deal out of what they call “clean” food. However, it’s not very complicated, and anyone can be eating clean for better health starting today.
While no one calls it “eating dirty,” there are certain food choices that can compromise your health and well-being over time.
Using even some of the principles behind eating clean for better health will make you feel more energized, more satisfied emotionally, give you a clean complexion, and provide you with adequate nourishment.
If you stick to some simple clean eating guidelines for a couple of weeks, you’ll notice a difference in your body and overall energy levels. Guaranteed.
Here are some simple things you can do to take the first steps to a healthier diet.
1. Cook at Home
Processed foods in packages and prepared foods in some restaurants are full of preservatives, colors, and additives that are not natural to the human organism.
- Processed foods have undergone several refinements and have been cooked by a variety of methods which have taken away whatever enzymes and nutrients it would have had for you if prepared differently.
Cooking at home from scratch allows you to use fresh ingredients, spices, and herbs to add flavor and to cook with healthier non-saturated fats and skip the preservatives and synthetic additives. You can better moderate your sodium intake as well.
- Also, whole foods have all the minerals and vitamins needed in the proper proportions, so the body absorbs them in the best manner.
2. Eat Lots of Color
The more colors the better. Work in more colorful fruits and vegetables for your meals and snacks.
- This is considered “clean” because it ensures you get the vitamins and minerals your body needs in the right proportions because, you know, mother nature knows what you need.
- In addition, raw food contains enzymes that help you digest your food and drive certain processes in your body. The vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in fresh food are essential for good health
3. Upgrade Your Refined Food
This is not to imply that you’ll have to quit eating all your favorite foods. It’s not an either/or situation. It’s simply making the choices that will provide you with a longer, much healthier life.
There are many healthy alternatives to the standard, refined foods like sugar, wheat flour, and white salt.
4. Stay Hydrated
And, of course, the best way to modify your eating habits is to stop buying the food and pantry items, including your choice of snacks, that isn’t healthy.
If they’re not there, you can’t eat them!
Stack up on healthy food at home and you won’t have to worry about what to have each time you’re hungry. 😆
Learn How To Make The Best Choices Here: